Salary and benefits at Glasgow Life
We support equal opportunities in employment. Our pay, grading and benefits structure is modern and fair and delivers equality. It is transparent, flexible and free from bias. We are also a certified Living Wage Employer.
You will progress to the next point of the grade on the anniversary of your employment or promotion. To move through the points you need to achieve any objectives you've been set. It is also dependent on you attaining the skills, qualifications and competencies required for the role.
Some roles may attract extra non-core payments. This is due to non-standard working patterns and working context and demands. We will discuss any details of any non-core pay at your interview.
Our Glasgow Life colleagues are at the heart of everything we do. They enjoy a rewarding career and some excellent benefits:
- A holiday allowance of 30 days plus 6.5 public holidays (for full-time roles). This will rise to 35 days after 5 years
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme – which pays 19.3% in employer contributions. Learn more through our dedicated information page: Pensions & Retirement
- Discounted Glasgow Club membership and money off in our museum shops and online store
- Option to buy extra annual leave (up to three weeks for full-time roles)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Flexible retirement
- Family-friendly policies
- Work-life balance
- Career break policy
- Employee assistance programme
- Flu vaccination programme
- Membership for Scottish Swimming after one year of employment (only for swimming teachers and lead swim teachers)